Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas at Granny the Great's

THE YOWELL FAMILY!



































We had Christmas with Granny the Great (Lora's Granny) on December 20th. Everyone was able to be there for about at 3 hour window. We were able to get some really good pictures that we have not been able to do for about 5 years now. Everyone had a really good time. Emily and her cousin Wes played and played. There favorite game was sneak! Kaitlynn was one of three new great grandkids (the other two are Makenzie and Kyle) that were all born within 4 months of each other. Each of Granny's kids had a grandchild this year. That was pretty neat! Granny the Great (who turned 80 years old this year) had a really good day! She made her famous peacan pies, fudge, and banana nut cake, along with the turkey and dressing. The rest of us brought the other fixings. Granny the Great gave me (Lora), as she did all of the grandaughters and grandaughters-in-laws, some china she had painted back in 1979. I will treasure it always. She was a really good painter and we are trying to get her to paint some more. All in all the day was a great success!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Hey Lora! I found your blog through Allyson's. Your girls are so cute! I hope ya'll had a great Christmas!

**Britney** said...

The Christmas pictures did turn out good from Granny's! If you have a second could you email me the picture with everyone in it. I think we took it with your mom's camera. I just got into this whole blog thing, so it will take me a while to get the hang of it! If anything it will let me procrastinate!! Good to see you at Christmas. If you have any helpful blog tips let me know and I'll do the same!