Friday, November 6, 2009

Emily's 3rd Birthday!
















WOW! I cannot believe our baby girl Emily is already 3! It has been the best 3 years of my life. She is a joy to be with all the time. And her little sayings, for example when she says excuse me it comes out "Hootius". Now you can catch all of us saying hootius for excuse me :) She is into so many things these days! She started Tumbling lessons the first of September and is really loving it. She has a meet tomorrow, her first one, and hopefully she will do great. The only thing I worry about is that it starts at 9am and Emily has never been a morning person :o Also this fall she started Violin lessons, as I am sure you guessed by the pictures of her holding her new little violin. She likes violin lessons too, however they are much more difficult than her tumbling lessons. She is coming along though. She knows all the parts to the violin, resting and playing position and has just learned the names of the 4 strings (Gabby the G string, Dori the D string, Anna the A string and Emily the E string), can you guess which one is her favorite? She learned Dori and Anna first and when I was working with her during the week I asked her to show me Dori and she did and then I asked her what the other strings name were and she said Nemo (I just thought this was too funny, she actually remember that on Finding Nemo the blue fish trying to help find Nemo's name was Dori) Too bad the musical alphabet does not go up to N only to G. One of the sweetest thing Emily does is holding Kaitlynn's hand. She will hold Kaitlynn's hand when we are riding in the car. She will hold it while we are walking and best of all she always wants to hold Kaitlynn's hand when she goes to sleep. The girls are sleeping together in the toddler bed in their room now. Kaitlynn always falls asleep before Emily does and so when Emily crawls into bed with her she promtly finds Kaitlynn's hand and then tells us good night :)
Emily recieved many presents for her birthday, one of which was a fish tank. She absolutly loves it. We have 11 big fish and 2 or 3 baby fish (depends on the day you look, they keep hiding from us). We were told the fish would probably have babies, however I thought we would have them more than 3 days before they had them. The girls both love watching the fish and of course feeding the fish. She also recieve a new bicycle which she calls her "NEW BIKE" all the time. Her bike riding skills have improved so well since she recieved her new bike (Thanks Mommie!). She even rode all the way to "Mommie's" (my mother) house and back to our house tonight.
We went to have her 3 year check up this past Monday (Nov. 2, same days as we took these pictures). Emily was almost 37 inches tall and weighed 33 pounds. The doctor was happy with how much she had grown.
Oh, the biggest news with Emily right now is that she is finally potty trained. As Shelby says, it is like it happened over night (well that is because he is not with her all the time like I am). It did seems like once she figured out what all was going on she got it. I don't even have to ask her if she needs to go, she just goes into the bathroom when she needs to go and after she comes out she tells me "Mama, I Hee,Heed in the potty". Last week as we were going from Lubbock to Church on Wednesday night, Emily said "Mama, I have to go Hee, Hee", I asked her if she could wait until we got to church (5 minutes away) or if I needed to pull over so she could Tee, Tee on the side of the road. She said "Pull over, I have to go Hee, Hee". So I did. This was a first for us, to Tee, Tee on the side of the road, but much better than a wet carseat!!!!!
What a joy the last 3 years have been, watching Emily grow up. She told me the other day that her "Baya, Haya (baby Kaitlynn for those of you who do not speak Emily's language) is big like ME!" Well, Kaitlynn is not quite that big yet, but they sure do have fun playing with each other, just like 2 little puppies playing with one another :)
































The many faces Emily makes!




























No comments: