Thursday, June 25, 2009

Emily's Shadow!

I must let you know Emily's newest thing, her shadow! She found it one sunny day outside of the eye doctor's office. Her uncle Jay Mac pointed it out to her. She was quite interested in it. But the best story happen the other night. We were walking from our house to "Mommie's" house (my mother's) and it was about 9:45pm, very dark. Emily insisted on pushing her two baby dolls in her double stroller over to Mommie's so we walked on the road instead of cutting across our neighbor's yard. Anyway when we reached the corner Emily noticed her shadow and pointed it out to me. I acknowledged it and showed her mine. Then we kept walking. After about another block she said "Ma, where did my shadow go?" I told her it was behind her now. She said "Oh!" Then she turned around and said "Come on shadow!" as if it were a real person. The next night when she saw her shadow she said "Let's go shadow!". She has found a friend in her shadow. Just thought I would share those cute stories of my 2 1/2 year old.

1 comment:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Love this story!! 2 1/2 is such a fun age!! I can't believe Kaitlynn is "walking." That's crazy!! Miss you guys!